Analysis of heavy metals in food and feedstuffs
This course takes place at the National Reference Laboratory for Heavy Metals in Food and Feed in Linz, Upper Austria. The five-day course focuses on a combination of theoretical background knowledge and practical skills in elemental analysis. Content You will acquire knowledge of relevant standards and laws, method validation and analytical expertise in different instruments (ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS). Each participant performs the analysis of real samples and acquires practical knowledge of the entire analytical procedure - from sample preparation and digestion to measurement and evaluation of the resulting data.
- Sample management via LIMS
- Sample preparation and microwave digestion
- Intensive training in routine methods, including possible QA strategies
- Evaluation of the acquired data and possible interferences
- Evaluation of results taking into account relevant EU legislation
- Discussion of specific requirements that participants may have.
- Review of relevant standards and EU directives
- Overview of how the NRL works
- Laboratory personnel
- Heads of laboratories
- Interested persons
Limit of participation Five-day standard course for max. four persons Date on request Location AGES GmbH Wieningerstraße 8 | A-4020 Linz, Austria Responsible for content Dipl.-HTL-Ing. Gerhard Liftinger Department of Chemical Analysis of Elements Institute of Animal Nutrition and Feed, AGES Fee on request