AGES Risk Communication
We inform people in Austria about health risks for humans, animals and plants. To reach all sections of the population in the best possible way, we use different channels to disseminate important information in a way that is appropriate for the target group. Our risk and crisis communication is carried out on behalf of the owner representatives and the Federal Offices for Public Health Safety and Food Safety. We are the point of contact for the media for all AGES-relevant topics and provide information about the research results of our AGES scientists.
Our goal is to make information comprehensible and clear. Depending on the risk and the risk perception, we warn or inform, we educate, we create awareness in the case of underestimated risks or confidence in the case of overestimated risks.
- Implementation of risk communication on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection (BMSGPK) and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Regions and Water Management (BML) and federal offices including
- Rapid provision of an information hotline
- Publication of product recalls and product warnings
- Proactive risk information
- Crisis communication
- Professional monitoring and coordination of risk issues
- Internal communication
- Participation in national and international committees
Last updated: 15.06.2023