National Reference Laboratory for Anthrax
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for anthrax is located at the Institute for Animal Health Mödling within the Division of Animal Health of AGES. The NRL is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 and fulfills various tasks impartially and free of any conflict of interest according to EU Control Regulation 2017/625.
- Cooperation with our Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene Vienna in the Public Health Business Unit of AGES for human cases.
- Cooperation with other (international) NRLs for anthrax in animals
- Active support in diagnostics in case of disease outbreak
- Implementation of differential diagnostics
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Ensuring knowledge retention and knowledge generation
Last updated: 15.06.2022