National Reference Laboratory for Plant Health - Viruses, Viroids and Phytoplasmas
The National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Plant Health - Viruses, Viroids and Phytoplasmas performs various tasks according to Art. 101 of the EU Control Regulation 2017/625 to ensure comparable and valid results in the diagnosis of plant damaging viruses, viroids and phytoplasmas classified as EU quarantine pests according to Regulation (EU) 2016/2031.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Identification/diagnosis of quarantine pests with recognized methods in compliance with relevant accreditation requirements (EN ISO/IEC 17025)
- Collaborating with the relevant European Union Reference Laboratory (EU-RL).
- Improving expertise through participation in EU-RL training courses.
- Demonstrating expertise through participation in EU-RL interlaboratory tests
- Establishment and maintenance of a reference collection of plant damaging viruses, viroids and phytoplasmas
- Distribution of the information provided by the EU-RL to the competent authorities
Samples to be tested from international trade (import, domestic trade and export) or from official surveillance activities are provided by the relevant Official Plant Protection Services (APSD).
- Molecular genetic identification/detection of viruses, viroids and phytoplasmas classified as quarantine pests (new pests, Union quarantine pests and protected area quarantine pests) by PCR and DNA barcoding;
- Molecular genetic identification/detection of viruses, viroids and phytoplasmas classified as Union regulated non-quarantine pests by PCR and DNA barcoding;
Nationales Referenzlaboratorium für Pflanzengesundheit – Viren, Viroide und Phytoplasmen
- +43 50 555-33340
Last updated: 25.05.2023