National Reference Laboratory for Paratuberculosis
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for paratuberculosis is located in the Special Veterinary Diagnostics Department at the Linz site in the Animal Health Business Unit of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
These include, among others.
- Cooperation with international NRLs of the same orientation
- Participation in training and inter-laboratory testing
- Distribution of technical information
- Providing scientific and technical support to competent authorities in the implementation of multi-year national control plans
- Active support in diagnostics in the event of a disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Last updated: 13.09.2023