National Reference Laboratory for Enzootic Bovine Leukosis
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Enzootic Bovine Leukosis is located at the Institute for Veterinary Investigations Mödling in the Divison for Animal Health of AGES. The NRL is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 and fulfills various tasks impartially and free of any conflict of interest according to EU Control Regulation 2017/625.
These include, among others.
- Cooperation with international NRLs of the same orientation
- Participation in training and inter-laboratory testing
- Distribution of technical information
- Providing scientific and technical support to competent authorities in the implementation of multi-year national control plans
- Active support in diagnostics in the event of a disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Last updated: 15.06.2022