National Reference Laboratory for bovine viral diarrhoe
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for bovine viral diarrhoe is located at the Institute for Veterinary Investigations Mödling in the Division for Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
These include, among others
- Cooperation with the relevant OIE reference laboratory (OIE-RL) and other (international) NRLs of the same orientation, as appropriate.
- Participation in OIE-RL training and interlaboratory testing.
- Distribution of information provided by the OIE-RL.
- Provide scientific and technical support to competent authorities in the implementation of the Multiannual National Control Plans
- Active support in the diagnostic process in the event of a disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems.
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Institut für veterinärmedizinische Untersuchungen Mödling
- +43 50 555-38112
Robert Koch-Gasse 17
Last updated: 01.09.2022